Friday, January 6, 2012

"This Little Piggy Had Roast Beef"

This "Easy Pot Roast With Rich Tomato Gravy" is what we had for dinner last night. This is a NEW family favorite of ours that Clinton makes. Clinton, Anna, Emma, and I were the only ones that use to eat roast when it was slow cooked in the crock pot with nothing extra added. Benjamin stopped eating a lot of meat products when he was around 2 years old. He would only eat breaded chicken products, hot dogs, and sausage. As for the sausage, he would eat only them if they were links or slices chopped off and cooked from the round tubes. He wouldn't eat it if it was ground up like on pizza or in other things. Within the last two years he has begun eating sausage pizza and the sausage gravy that we serve over the James family biscuits (a tradition coming from Papa James). Benjamin has decided he absolutely LOVES the roast his dad makes for Italian beef sandwiches (also a favorite as our family reunion this past summer) and this kind of roast. Justin likes eating it now, too. So ALL the "little piggies had roast beef." It's always nice having a meal the whole family will eat and enjoy. The downside to it though, is that you don't end up with as many leftovers. Oh well, I guess I can live with that.

2 comments:

  1. I guess I need the biscuits & gravy recipe as well. :) That is one of my FAVORITE breakfast meals, but I've never tried to make it from scratch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can send you the biscuit recipe easy enough, but I'll have Clinton figure out what he does for the sausage gravy. He kind of wings it.

    ReplyDelete