Tuesday, January 3, 2012

And a Pumpkin in a Peach Tree

On the 3rd day of January, a squirrel gave to me, a pumpkin in a peach tree! (Can you imagine someone singing this!) A wonderful local squirrel has been nibbling on one of the kids' pumpkins that was left outside our front door. I noticed a few days ago that chunks were missing from it and it had been moved to our flower garden beneath our peach tree. I find it amazing that a squirrel could transfer this little pumpkin up a tree, but how sad he/she must have been when it got stuck in between the branches. Who knows, maybe that squirrel is pretty smart and planned to trap it there so they won't have to keep going back down to the ground for food or have it covered up by the snow. As least this year, the snow has been very mild. I don't know when we will have snow that lasts long on the ground. But, hey, I'm not complaining. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment