Sunday, January 22, 2012

Debbie's Callings

Today at church, I was released from my calling in Young Women's. I have been serving in Young Women's for 3 years. I was a Beehive Counselor for almost 2 years and an Assistant Advisor for just over 1 year. It has been exciting, rewarding, challenging, busy, and worth it. The youth of the church are so important. This stage in their life is critical. I hope I was a part of their lives as they have been in mine.

Of course, I will continue to stay busy with my new calling. I was sustained and set apart today as a Compassionate Service Leader in Relief Society. Our ward currently has a Compassionate Service Leader, but a second one is needed. I am excited to be back with my Relief Society sisters and looking forward to getting to know the vast number of sisters that are new this past year. I will get to know them, love them, serve them, and help them to serve other sisters within our ward.

I have had many callings throughout my life, the first one started when I was in a Beehive Class Presidency. Continuing through my teen years, on throughout college, and into my married life, I have been challenged, stretched, and blessed through service in my callings. Though, I have enjoyed them all, the greatest calling I have had or ever will have, is that of a mother. I love my children. I may not love what they do or say always, but I love them. I'm grateful that each one of them have entered my family. With these children, comes a great responsibility to teach, train, model, guide, and love. I pray that I can do my best in this calling, a calling from which I will never be released.

No comments:

Post a Comment