Thursday, January 26, 2012

"I Wear My Reading Glasses at Night"

Yes, Clinton is wearing his reading glasses at night, but that's not the only time he wears them. In September of 2011, our whole family went to see the eye doctor. The last time we went was probably June of 2010, and that's when the doctor gave Clinton a prescription for reading glasses. Unfortunately, we left on vacation before getting some. Upon returning home, I did go looking at lenses once with him, but he never did go back out and continue his search.

Clinton has noticed more that he needs glasses for reading and working on the computer. He picked out a pair a few months ago, but rarely thinks about wearing them. I do the same with my glasses, too. A few days ago, I pulled my reading glasses out to see the difference it would make while we read scriptures. Getting mine out helped to remind him of his glasses, so the last few days he has used them. I think he looks great in them.

The prescription that he needed was so minimal that they told him any pair of reading glasses from a store would work. I think he got this pair for $10 or less. Not bad!

For someone who prefers solitary hobbies (like reading) to socializing, he has done more socializing recently. This morning Clinton went out to breakfast with three of his old bus stop buddies, two of which are now retired. Joe Durepos picked him up and they headed to Steven's Restaurant where they met the other two. Clinton ordered the Breakfast Skillet. He said it was delicious.

Clinton does enjoy reading a lot of the same books that Benjamin and Anna read. There are so many young adult fantasy/fiction books being written that are enjoyed by adults, too, especially by mine. He is currently reading a book titled, "Unnatural Issue" by Mercedes Lackey. He has read other books by this author, but it has been quite some time. I'm not sure if this book falls into the young adult age range, but if Clinton enjoys it, I'm sure he will be recommending it to Benjamin. It's fun to hear them discuss books that would be of interest to each other. This is one of a few ways in which Benjamin is going to grow up to be just like his dad. I see reading glasses in the future for him, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment