Sunday, January 29, 2012

Homemade Pizza Night @ The James'

Our family LOVES homemade pizza. It is delicious and fun to eat together as a family. Generally we end up having our pizza night on a Friday or a Saturday, but since I had wanted to make pizza this weekend and Clinton and I had a date night last night, that meant pizza was tonight! I cooked up the chicken and sausage the other day, so I only needed to make the dough, chop up some olives and pineapple, and we were ready to go. Clinton said we didn't need to go elaborate this time with the toppings since he is usually the only one who eats it all.

The kids love sausage and pepperoni pizza. There were two sausage and pepperoni pizzas (one part of a pizza also had a few olives on for Anna), half of a honey barbeque chicken with the other half only pepperoni, and one deep dish spinach pizza. The spinach pizza was an experiment that Clinton wanted to try. He wouldn't mind having it again, but he would prefer to investigate and get a good recipe next time.

Normally, Benjamin would eat tons of pizza, but tonight was very different. I had purchased some pork sausage from a different store that ended up tasting different than he was use to. It wasn't flavorful. I thought it was alright and all of the rest of us ate it, but I definitely prefer the sausage that we regularly use. I still have some cooked sausage left. What do I use it for now? Initially I had planned to use it for biscuits and gravy (another family favorite), but I don't think it will go over well with everyone, especially Benjamin. I'm sure I will put it to good use. Hopefully, the next homemade pizza night will be a much greater success.

1 comment: