Saturday, January 14, 2012

Happy To Have My "Happy Joe's" Taco Pizza

When I was growing up, one of our family's favorite places to go and eat was at Happy Joe's. It is a place that is home of the "Taco Pizza." It is a delicious sausage pizza topped with lettuce, tomatoes, and chips. The real tasty part is the hot sauce that you pour on top. Whenever I go back home, if possible, I love getting the taco pizza at Happy Joe's. With Justin's birthday being tomorrow on a Sunday, I figured a nice meal would be to have pizza since we were visiting Grandma and Papa Buss. I don't know if Grandma and Papa ever get tired of eating it, but other children of theirs come to visit and want to get taco pizza, too. It brings back memories. One nice thing about eating at the restaurant is you get to watch them make the pizzas. They have a large window for kids to peer through and watch the magic happen. They have old fashioned candy available for purchase at the candy counter. You can order up delicious sundaes and ice cream, too. If it is your birthday, you get a free sundae, they sing to you, and at the end of the song, a loud fire truck type siren goes off. I don't know if they will ever go out of business, but if they do, it will be one place I will miss in Dubuque. I was happy to have my Happy Joe's taco pizza.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I do like their Taco Pizza, but my favorite has always been the BLT. :) Yummy!

    ReplyDelete