Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Sound of Silence

After a long and busy day, it sure is nice to enjoy the sound of silence. I'm not sure which child drifted off to sleep first, but I know it wasn't a boy. Benjamin and I were over at the church for the Young Men/Young Women combined activity tonight. It was a Jeopardy type of game and Stephen McCammon was the host. Let's just say it was an interesting evening. I don't think many of the youth care for this type of activity either. They have done it before and have not enjoyed it. I'm not sure why they repeated it this year.

Once Benjamin returned home, he didn't go to bed right away. I found he and Justin playing Gameboy in bed with the light on. I left their room, after telling them to go to bed a few times, and went downstairs to take care of Cameron. He was happy and loved playing with his dad. Once he was taken care of and laid down, I discovered that once again the boys light was on. It was about 10:30pm and I thought the boys were awake. As I peeked inside, I only saw sleeping boys. Either they were really sleeping or they faked it. Maybe I should have tried to tickle them to see what would happen.

One thing that I noticed after I took some pictures was that Anna's hands were all wrapped up. Her hands get extremely dry and red in the cold winter months. We use to have a large box of medical gloves that were leftover when I was pregnant with Emma and had home healthcare. These gloves came in handy and worked well when taking care of her hands. When the glove box ran empty, we began using plastic wrap to do the trick.

It's been a long and busy day and I need to head off to bed, too. So, now I lay me down to sleep, and pray my children won't make a peep. Ahh, the joy of sleeping kids, the sound of silence, and going to bed myself. It is something to be enjoyed. Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment