Monday, January 30, 2012

Cameron Checking Out His New "Crib"

Hooray! Today we put up Cameron's big crib in the girls' bedroom. He has been sleeping in my room the last three months - in fact, Cameron turned 3 months old today. Happy 3 month birthday, Cameron! What an awesome three months it has been with him - he is such a joy to have around.

He has slept through the night a few times, but it hasn't been recent. He will generally wake up one time during the night between 2:00-4:00am. When I lay him in our bed to feed him, he will quite easily fall back to sleep, therefore I leave him in bed. I have him sleep in the middle of the bed, which leaves me sleeping on my right side, the side I don't normally sleep on. Sometimes, during the night I wake up with discomfort and try turning over, but I end up covering Cameron's face with the sheet and comforter on accident. Somehow, I end up with very little room to move, too. I know I should lay him back in his own bed, but I wouldn't want him to possibly wake up. With Cameron being in a different room, I'm hoping to take him back to his own bed, or better yet, have him start sleeping completely through the night.

I strapped a little toy to the side of the crib that plays music and also lights up. He seemed to enjoy it tonight and fell asleep listening to it and watching it light up. (Thank you Jacquie Korella for loaning me your crib bedding and a bouncer and to Diana Bowler for loaning me your swing, bouncer, exersaucer, mobile, musical crib toy, and play toy). I also set up Cameron's baby monitors in his room and mine, so I can hear him better during the night. We'll see how well he sleeps tonight. I'm hoping for a good night's sleep! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment