Tuesday, January 24, 2012

"Old MacDonald Had a Band"

Yes, "Old MacDonald Had a Band" and Anna was a part of it. Tonight was Anna's second band concert. This is her first year participating in band and she plays the flute. The concert started off with "When the Saints Go Marching In", followed by "Old MacDonald Had a Band", then "Ode to Joy", and finally, "Jasmine Flower". I knew the first two songs and I love it when some songs are familiar so in my head I can sing along while they play.

I'm impressed that my kids are participating in band and playing instruments. I know I learned the recorder when I was young and both Benjamin and Anna learned how to play it in 4th grade. I believe I learned to play the clarinet for a short period, but I don't rightly recall. I'm hoping Benjamin and Anna stick with it to make a difference in their life. As the other kids get older, I hope they choose to play an instrument, too.

I envy them and their ability to play. If I had the time (or made the time), I would love to learn to play the piano and the guitar. Maybe someday I will make it happen, but for now, I take joy in watching and listening to the talents of my children. Way to go, Anna, you did great!

No comments:

Post a Comment