Thursday, February 2, 2012

Time to Take Down the Sign

On Sunday, October 30th, the day Cameron was born, this sign went up on our wall. Since Clinton and I would be at the hospital that morning, we asked our neighbor, Deb Smith, to drop our kids off at 11:00am for church and to pick them up when it was done. During church they would be sitting with the Deem family.

Well, after church, Deb Smith stayed with the kids for a while. She talked to the kids about doing a little project. When we called later that afternoon to see how things went for her, she mentioned she was still here at the house doing a little surprise with the kids. Deb, Ethan (Deb's son who is Benjamin's age), Anna, Emma, and Justin all helped with the sign. I don't think Benjamin was interested in helping.

I think you can easily see where Justin helped scribble/draw on the pages. The fully colored in pages with lots of color were the ones Emma did. Anna and Deb Smith did most of them, and Ethan may have done one page.

It was a great sight to see when Cameron and I came home from the hospital two days later. When I was standing in the entryway reading the sign, all I could see was "Welcome home Cameron". The girls pointed out that it said, "Welcome home mom and Cameron". If you look at the ONE piece of paper that says, "mom and" it makes me believe that I was just an afterthought and Cameron was the important part. It may not have been planned that way, but I think that is how it should be. Regardless of how it was meant to be, I found it funny. Thanks kids for doing something special, I loved it!

I probably should have taken a picture of the sign the day we got home from the hospital instead of letting it hang there and get bent for three months. Oh well. I guess since Cameron is over three months old, it should be fine to take down the sign now, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment