Sunday, February 12, 2012

Emma Sleeping Cozy On The Couch

We were off to a late start with dinner, so we read scriptures and said family prayer before we ate dinner. Right after that, Emma told me that she wasn't feeling very well. She didn't have a fever or anything noticeable, but she complained of her tummy hurting her. I told her to grab a "sick" bucket just in case something were to happen. When we did have dinner, Emma ate toast and applesauce instead of the meal we were having.

She asked where she should sleep tonight. I figured it wouldn't be good to have her sleep in the top bunk of her bed if she did get sick, nor would it be good to have her sleep in the bottom bunk where Anna sleeps. Emma set up camp on the couch. I told her we could move a little table near the couch to put her sick bucket on, but I guess she and Anna put two empty cookie boxes down on the floor, set a princess chair (that is borrowed from friends) upside-down on the boxes, and covered it with blankets. Why they did that, I have no idea. She looks very comfortable snuggled on the couch. With the couch next to the large windows in our living room upstairs, it can get pretty cool. I made sure she put down a warm blanket underneath her as well as on top.

So far, she is fine. Nothing has happened yet, and hopefully nothing will. I guess I will find out in the morning or during the night if something has changed. Poor Emma, hope she feels better tomorrow.

Though Emma felt a little yucky for a bit today, the day started on a great note with Ward Conference at church and ended on a good note, too, with watching Downton Abbey. Downton Abbey is a favorite PBS show that Clinton and I both like to watch. Tonight it was two hours long, so I thought it was the season finale, but fortunately they showed scenes for next week's show. I don't know when the season ends, but I don't mind that it has continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment