Saturday, February 18, 2012

Mother/Daughter Luncheon

Anna, Emma, and I were excited about the Mother/Daughter Luncheon with friends from church. Lisa Fox and her three oldest daughters, Jolie, Genevieve, and Jillian had invited us to their home. Necia Munro and her daughter, Hallie, were able to come, too. A few other mothers and daughters were invited, but their plans changed and they were unable to come.

We ate a delicious meal with sandwiches, deviled eggs (or egg salad that could be put onto a sandwich), strawberries, chips, sparkling pink lemonade, and pink lemonade cupcakes for dessert. Both of these families are new to the ward within the last year or so. It was fun for Anna, Emma, and I to get to know them more. Hopefully, we can have another Mother/Daughter activity soon that includes many more people. The girls love getting together with other girls and I think they need those opportunities outside of church and Activity Days to nourish those friendships.

I also had the opportunity to learn a little bit more about Pinterest. Since I started Facebook January 1st of this year, I have seen many people viewing Pinterest, pinning things to it, etc. I probably glanced at it once, but I am really not knowledgeable about it. I think I will have to try it out. Lisa showed me the things that she found on Pinterest for the train birthday party she is planning for her son, Jacob. He will be 4 years old in April. I know that if I start looking at it more, it will take more of my time, so that's probably why I have delayed starting it yet. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment