Sunday, February 26, 2012

I Feel Like Our Snowman

I hadn't noticed it on the way to church, but coming home I noticed that our snowman's hat, head, and middle section were missing. Clinton told me that they were taken last night while we were at the Chili Cook Off. As if that wasn't sad to hear and put a damper on my mood, I got terribly sick later on.

I felt exactly how I did on July 11, 2010. The only reason why I know when it was, is that it was over my birthday weekend. Clinton and I went out for my birthday Friday, July 9th and we went out again Saturday, July 10th. I was hesitant to go out that second night because I was suppose to give a talk the next day. I was tired, unprepared for my talk, and I woke up at 1:00am and was sick all through the night. The hard part is that I felt nauseous, but I never threw up. I was so sick that I called the Bishop that morning to let him know I would not be at church. There was no way I could stay up front and give my talk when I couldn't stay out of the bathroom for very long. I disliked spending all that time on a talk, only to not give it. I ended up speaking in sacrament a few months after that.

Tonight, I had awful diarrhea or something. The previous time, a friend of mine said that it was probably food poisoning, because it usually hits about 4 hours after eating, and that's exactly what happened. If what I had was food poisoning, it was either some sort of delayed reaction from eating the various bowls of chili Saturday night at the Chili Cook Off, the leftover chicken enchiladas and rice I ate for lunch and dinner (but Friday night when our family ate them we were fine), or
I have no idea. Maybe it wasn't food poisoning, but the chili by itself did something strange to me, who knows.

So, nevertheless the cause of my illness, I felt like our snowman - terrible, not quite myself. I was sick for a while, laid down to take a nap around 7:30pm, woke up at 9:30pm, and still felt sick for another hour or so. Eventually I was able to sleep. I'm hoping I feel better Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment