Friday, March 16, 2012

"Sew" Crafty at Rag Quilting

Tonight I attended a Sew and Craft group activity where we were cutting out our material to make rag quilts.

I purchased the material the last day of the fabric sale and had a difficult time figuring out what I was going to do. I didn't want to do only three fabrics, but there weren't four fabrics that I liked that would work well together.

Just before I finished picking out my fabric, a worker from the cutting counter was returning some fabric to where I was. She asked me if I wanted any of it. I looked at it and said, "YES". I had been struggling with getting the two different blue fabrics and two green fabrics and the fabric that she brought back was the multi-colored print fabric. It actually went with both colors.

Like usual, when I want to learn some sort of skill in our Sew and Craft group, instead of making one thing I end up buying enough to make two or more. I decided I would do separate blue and green toddler rag quilts. I chose the blue one to start with, but ended up giving the fabric for the green toddler rag quilt to Lisa Fox. She arrived and didn't have any fabric. I told her I could sell her my fabric if she wanted it - she did. I guess it was a good thing that I got it. Normally, the fabric is $6.99 a yard and it was on sale for $1.99 a yard. It was a great deal!

I'm excited to finish the rag quilt. Tonight I had time to learn about what to do, cut out the fabric, figure out the pattern I wanted, and begin sewing. I finished one row, but I have nine more rows to do. Once all the rows are complete and stitched together, I'll need to sew all around the outside of it and snip the edges.

Not that I need another blanket at home, since I have a ton of them, but I wanted to learn something new and feel pleased about making something - something for someone in my family. I think Cameron will like his new blanket.

Thanks to Amy Anderson and Liberty Cameron for taking time to help and teach me. I truly appreciate it.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you SO much Debbie for doing all the hard work and getting the cute fabric. I love it and my sister's little boy will love it too. Now I just need to get started, I am way far behind you! :-)

    ReplyDelete