Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I'm Getting "Sew" Good at Rag Quilting

Last night I finished up my rag quilt which I started last Friday night. In between my St. Patrick's Day preparations on Saturday and taking care of Cameron, I worked hard to complete the quilt. I stayed up real late to get as much done as I could, but because I decided to add another row and make it 10 squares by 10 squares, I needed a few more squares of one fabric.

Late Saturday afternoon I headed back to Jo-Ann Fabrics to get three more squares of the multi-colored print. After arriving home, I couldn't start on the project for a while, but when I did, I realized that I actually needed a fourth square. The last row started with the multi-colored print, and it needed to end with it, so I needed a fourth square. I was so bummed when I realized that. I knew I couldn't finish it until Monday after getting more fabric. Once I finished, I washed it, dried it, and laid it out for Cameron.

Hooray! For once I finished a sewing project quickly (number of days and not the number of hours). The project still took me several hours to make, but I'm loving it, and so is Cameron. Now I need to help Anna make one (a smaller one) with her sewing machine or make another one with the additional fabric I bought. It was on sale and it was just too cute. I will use the same multi-colored fabric as this one, but I will use a green fabric with green, white, and brown polka-dots, and a blue fabric with blue, white, and brown polka-dots. I may eventually make a larger one for the family to use while watching movies, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment