Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Dress Alike Day/Crazy Hair Day

This week at Anna and Emma's elementary school, Meadowview, is Spirit Week. Today is Dress Alike Day/Crazy Hair Day. I wasn't sure if they were going to coordinate with a classmate, but then I realized they could dress alike with each other.

Anna & Emma have this matching outfit they received in the fall. They also wore their St. Patrick's Day shamrock earrings and necklaces again, just like they did at church on Sunday the day after St. Patrick's Day.

Their hair is put up like Genna Fox's hair was on March 1st, Dr. Seuss' birthday. Her mom, Lisa, put up her hair like Cindy Lou Who from the Grinch. Thanks for the idea, Lisa.

I decided that I would try it for today. I tried putting a red solo brand cup on top and pulling their hair up around it, but it was too big and red. I next tried a smaller clear cup and it seemed to work. I don't know how long it will last during the day, but it will be fun for them while it does last. You can see a little bit in this picture the cup showing through Emma's hair. Hopefully, the kids at school will at least get to see it.

For my daughters who love to fight most of the time, I love to see it when they have fun together and dressing alike is a start. Look at them, they're even holding hands without me asking them to do so. I love my girls! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love it and glad to help! :) They look so beautiful and I totally agree, nothing beats sisters being nice and getting along!

    ReplyDelete