Sunday, January 8, 2012

M&M's Christmas Gift - Last One Delivered

This past Christmas I shared this cute little M&M's Christmas gift with several friends, family, school teachers & staff, Primary teachers & leaders, YM teachers, neighbors, garbage man, mailman, etc. I received an email from LDS Living on December 8, 2011 which had an article in it about "Easy Neighbor Christmas Gifts". I scanned the article and loved so many of the great cheap, easy, & fun neighbor gift ideas. I decided that I would do that this year. I was hooked on making them. I thought it was a nice way to share a little heartfelt message about the true meaning of Christmas with many people, and inexpensively, too. I bought several 48 count boxes at Sam's Club, paper punched the M&M's and the message card, and then used curling ribbon to tie it together. I heard lots of wonderful comments from the kids' teachers this past week as they returned back to school. Some of them loved it so much that they turned around and did the same thing for their children's teachers, friends, etc. One of Benjamin's YM leaders, Brother Trevor Ricks, had been out of town the last few weeks so we couldn't deliver to him. On Tuesday, his leader was at the church, but I didn't have the M&M's with me. I told him we would get it to him on Sunday. I wanted to take a picture of it before the last one was delivered. I'll have to come up with another great idea next year. Maybe I'll have to look back at that article!

The message that it shared is this:

“As you hold these candies in your hand and turn them you will see,
The M becomes a W, an E, and then a 3.
They tell the Christmas story, it’s the one I’m sure you know.
It took place in a stable a long, long time ago.
The E is for the East, where the star shone so bright.
The M is for the manger where baby Jesus slept that night.
The 3 is for the Wise Men bearing gifts and so they came.
W is for worship—Hallelujah, praise His name.
So as you eat these candies, or share them with a friend,
Remember the meaning of Christmas . . . It’s a story that never ends.”

No comments:

Post a Comment